Monday, June 20, 2011

Jack Murphy's Reflexive Fire Coming This Week

Former US Army Special Forces Sergeant Jack Murphy's debut novel, Reflexive Fire, will be hitting Amazon's Kindle store this week.  I've read Reflexive Fire, and it is one of the coolest, hardest-hitting military action thrillers I've read in a long while.  Think a mix of 80's anti-terror commando novels a la Phoenix Force or Able Team, mixed with some Tom Clancy techno-thriller (only fun to read) and sprinkle on a little bit of the computer game Deus Ex, and you'll come close to what Jack has achieved with this novel.

Books like Reflexive Fire are what independent e-publishing is all about.  This isn't "Amazon Spam", or "The Drivel of the Masses", this is a solid, well-written novel that is a true pleasure to read, and it's going to be published without any gatekeepers, without any ivory towers, and with the majority of the profits going into Jack's worthy hands.  Exactly as it should be in this day and age.

This is the action-adventure renaissance I am championing with the release of Hatchet Force Journal.  I uploaded the file to Amazon last night; the Journal is "in review" and should be available in the next day or so.  As soon as it's up and ready for business, you'll all be the first to know.

Congratulations to Jack Murphy for his debut novel - I'm hoping to see many more to come.

5 comments:

Jack Murphy said...

Thanks! Reflexive Fire didn't go through any corporate publishing committees or suffer government "authorization" so I think there is a good deal of unique content in the book. Some will see this as a hindrance but I think most people out there prefer to hear it from the horses mouth even if it is a little rough around the edges at times. Obviously this work is near and dear to me, I just hope it manages to slip through the cracks in the internet and find it's audience. Thanks for the support!

Jack Badelaire said...

Just letting everyone know, the book is now on sale at Amazon.

James Reasoner said...

It'll be on my Kindle before the evening is over.

Jack Murphy said...

Thanks you James, please let me know what you think of it. I really wanted to give fans of the genre something different with this book.

Hank Brown said...

Congrats to both of you. I'm gonna try to plug both of you on Shelfari and Goodreads before I turn in.