A brief overview:
- The Silencer Strikes: The Silencer is one bad mother-shut your mouth! A Vietnam vet who has a penchant for silenced weapons and a hatred for organized crime. Also likes banging his dead best friend's sister, natch.
- Longhair Death Farm: One of the many adventures of the Albino Wino and his albino alleycat, Chalky. Take David Carradine in Kung Fu and replace him with a drunken, trouble-finding albino bum, and then throw in cannibalism, hippies, AK-47's, and oral sex. No, I'm not even joking.
- Battleground U.S.S.A.: Texasgrad: The Ruskies have invaded, the Mexicans have become their patsies, and gosh darn it, but home-town beauty Sunny Summerfield has been taken captive by some nefarious Red! Time to deliver a little justice, Texas-style! Oh, and don't forget to sharpen your tomahawks, spirit-brothers!
- Bonds of Blood: When Tiger Team Bravo takes on an assignment, they see it through to the end, no matter how many eighteen wheelers they have to board by jumping from a low-flying Cessna whilst in the middle of a highway tunnel. Okay, so there's only one, but still, there's also 'splosions. And gold bullets. And a guy named Colonel Professor.
- Blood and Tacos: Introducing Chingon, the World's Deadliest Mexican. Just picture Danny Trejo wielding a bullwhip and some hand grenades and you won't be too far off the mark. I'd already seen Machete like, four times in the theater and I had to fire it up at home again after reading this story.
Men's Adventure fiction from the 60's through the 80's was already derivative, cheesy, often inappropriate fun. That a group of talented writers got together and produced something derivative, cheesy, and often inappropriate that's not only fun, but friggin' hilarious, is an achievement worthy of high praise. Each of the shorts in this compilation does yeoman's work of replicating the literary DNA of their respective Men's Adventure sub-genres, and I definitely want to see more from each of these respective "forgotten series".
So do yourself a favor and go buy Blood & Tacos #1 today. If you don't, Chingon is going to make you explode with a hand grenade. And the explosion will kill you.